Welcome to a new segment on Futbolr that will pose 15 questions with soccer enthusiasts. These enthusiasts could be professional players, coaches, soccer moms, color commentators, agents, so basically anyone that could be in a pub watching a match. Our first interview is with recently signed UVA alumni Brian "Cobi" Span. This Sophmore landed a signing with Swedish outfit Djurgårdens IF one month ago. Talk about a great way to end the year. After the jump find out more from the self-described sushi loving panther.
1. What makes you a Futbolr?
BCS: What makes me a Futbolr is my creativity and style on and off the field, willing to try things most are afraid to.
2. What is your pregame and mental preparation routine before a match?
BCS: Pregame I like to stay relaxed, play some FIFA and listen variations of different types of music.
3. Describe your dream job?
BCS: My dream job is what I'm doing now playing professional soccer but I've always wanted to play for Arsenal.
4. If you could play another sport what would it be?
BCS: I would play basketball
5. Do you have any team traditions? If so, what is your favorite?
BCS: My favorite team traditions is going out to eat at an italian restaurant before games to get good pasta dinner.
6. What animal best describes you and why?
BCS: A panther because they seem independent and out of sight while they are not searching for food.
7. What is your favorite phrase or quote?
BCS: Favorite quote "you can't just play football, you gotta have the sway" Robinho
8. What is your favorite type of food?
BCS: Favorite type of food is Sushi
9. What is your favorite place to visit or you have ever been and why?
BCS: Bermuda is my favorite place due to its warm weather an beautiful resorts.
10. If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be and why?
BCS: I would love to have lunch with Kobe Bryant because of his inspiring self motivation
11. Who is your favorite person to stalk on Twitter or Facebook?
BCS: Soulja Boy is always funny to watch tweet on twitter
12. How will you change the world?
BCS: I will change the world by giving an opportunity for young kids to play soccer without having to pay money to join a club and get noticed.
13. What is #1 on your bucket list?
BCS: To buy my whole family all new cars.
14. What is your best non-athletic skill?
BCS: Best non athletic skill is being able to motivate people to achieve goals and dreams.
15. Name one obstacle you have had to overcome in your life?
BCS: Many people not believing in me and doubting my abilities.
Anyone that still is doubting Span's abilities can see him on the pitch for Djurgårdens IF in Sweden and below a sizzling hot reel of his goals via the left & right foot including a fierce header! Make sure that you follow Brian "Cobi" Span on twitter as well as Futbolr. So you can stay upto date with our following Futbolr 15s.